Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center received the top mark for hospital safety grades. The Leapfrog Group, a Washington D.C-based organization that works to improve healthcare quality and safety for consumers and purchasers, released the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades earlier this year. Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center was one of 750 hospitals awarded an ‘A’ for its efforts in protecting patients from harm and meeting the highest safety standards in the U.S.
About The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
- The Safety Grade assigns an A, B, C, D or F grade to hospitals across the country based on their performance in preventing medical errors, infections, and other harms among patients in their care.
- The Safety Grade is the only national rating of how well hospitals protect patients from preventable harm and death.
- Receiving an ‘A’ Safety Grade means a hospital is among the best in the country for preventing these terrible problems and putting their patients first, 24 hours a day.
- The Safety Grade was developed under the guidance of an Expert Panel, the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade uses 27 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to approximately 2,500 U.S. hospitals twice per year.
- It is peer reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public.
About The Leapfrog Group
- Founded in 2000 by large employers and other purchasers, The Leapfrog Group is a national nonprofit organization driving a movement for giant leaps forward in the quality and safety of American health care.
- The flagship Leapfrog Hospital Survey collects and transparently reports hospital performance, empowering purchasers to find the highest-value care and giving consumers the lifesaving information they need to make informed decisions.
- The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, Leapfrog’s other main initiative, assigns letter grades to hospitals based on their record of patient safety, helping consumers protect themselves and their families from errors, injuries, accidents, and infections.
Baylor St. Luke’s is dedicated to providing safe, compassionate healthcare to effectively meet the needs of our patients, their families and the communities we serve.